Before you become a fiscal sponsor, or decide to work through a fiscal sponsor, what should be considered?
Mission-driven founders of charitable organizations are visionaries. They see unmet needs and are driven to fill them. But decisions must be made on how to best capture the founder's vision in an effective legal structure. There are several options to consider, all with advantages and disadvantages, and all with legal issues to consider:
For example, should they
· become a tax exempt non-profit?
· work through a “fiscal agent”?
· merge with an existing non-profit?
· become an unincorporated association and trust?
· Additionally, existing non-profits are often asked to become a fiscal agent or take over a newly formed charitable group. What legal ramifications should be considered before accepting this role?
COME LEARN ABOUT VARIOUS OPTIONS that are available to engage in charitable activities while remaining in compliance with pertinent laws and regulations.
DATE: Thursday, April 13, 2017
TIME: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 (Registration / Networking 9:00)
LOCATION: Fidelity House Human Services, Heritage Place
439 S. Union Street, Suite #401
Lawrence, MA 01843
PRESENTER: Elizabeth Reinhardt, Law Offices of Elizabeth S. Reinhardt will lead a lively interactive presentation to help you consider these options and make an informed decision.
REGISTRATION: *Because space is limited, registration is required by April 10, 2017.
To register, click. here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf17VnRMQPm4248-8FLwXobHvONCdFT...
This workshop is a joint project of Community InRoads and Lawyers Clearinghouse with pro bono support from Law Offices of Elizabeth S. Reinhardt.